Chase Bank does not offer a money market account. … Sallie Mae is also worth considering, as its money market account has a $0 minimum deposit and a competitive interest rate, which requires no minimum balance or fees.
Similarly one may ask, which bank has the best money market rates?
Best money market accounts & rates for May 2021
- Highest Rate: BrioDirect – 0.60% APY.
- High Rate: Ally Bank – 0.50% APY.
- High Rate: First Internet Bank – 0.50% APY.
- High Rate: Navy Federal Credit Union – up to 0.50% APY**
- High Rate: CIT Bank – 0.45% APY.
- High Rate: Sallie Mae Bank – 0.40% APY.
- High Rate: TIAA Bank – 0.40% APY.
Moreover, what is Chase bank savings account interest rate?
Can you lose money on a money market account?
Money market accounts are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (at banks) and the National Credit Union Administration (at credit unions), so you won’t lose your deposits even if the financial institution goes out of business.
That’s because they can invest in low-risk, stable funds like Treasury bonds (T-bonds) and typically pay higher rates of interest than a savings account. While the returns may not be not much, money market accounts are still a pretty good choice during times of uncertainty.