CNA certification information is available through Health Occupations Credentialing (http://www.kdads.ks.gov/commissions/scc/health-occupations-credentialing). Health Occupations Credentialing can be reached at 785-296-1240. The Kansas Nurse Aide Registry can be reached at 785-296-6877.
Herein, what does Kdads stand for?
Also question is, how do I change my name on my CNA license in Kansas?
A. A Nurse Aide will need to fill out the Name/Address change form. Once completed the nurse aide will need to mail or fax the Name/Address change form along with documentation reflecting the current name.
How do you get recertified as a CNA in Kansas?
Certification Requirements in KS
- The candidate ought to be 18 years of age or more.
- Participate in a state-approved nurse aide program program for a minimum of 90 hours.
- Obtain passing scores in the certification exam.
- Submit criminal background check.
- Submit proof of immunizations.
Kansas is now a Compact State!
On July 1, 2019 the conversion application will be available on our website for all existing Kansas RN and LPN licensed nurses to apply to convert from single state license to multi state license.
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Kansas:
- 1-800-922-5330 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home, in state line).
- 1-785-296-0044 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home, out of state line).
Kansas CNA Training & Testing Costs
The cost of the program is within the range of $500- $1500. There are other costs to also consider when preparing for the course. Costs such as books, uniforms, and stethoscope will be additional.
OCCUPATIONAL CONCEPT – Provides personal patient care activities and nursing related services by assisting with oral care, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring, transporting, turning and nutrition.
If the state exam is not passed within 12 months from the starting date of the initial CNA course, the entire CNA course must be retaken before the student can test again. CNAs with out of state licenses may challenge the Kansas test by filling out this form and sending it in to KDADs with the registration fee.
The following steps are the typical process for renewal in most states:
- Download a nurse aid registry renewal form from your state’s nursing board website.
- Complete the renewal form with all required personal information, and have your employer fill out the additional information that is needed from them.
An inactive license means that the fees have been paid, but the required continuing education has not been met. Practice as a registered nurse in California is not permitted with an inactive license.