DO plan to spend 3-4 days in Malta if you’re there in the winter, spring, or fall. You’ll find that’s plenty of time to explore the highlights of the islands. If you’re there during the summer, add an extra day or 2 to swim and explore the island’s hidden beaches.
Considering this, is 7 days too long in Malta?
Malta is an incredible destination with a number of things to do. While seven days is a great amount of time to spend on this wonderful archipelago, one could easily spend more and not get bored. Take your time to get to know this island nation and I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Furthermore, is Malta romantic?
Malta is a very beautiful and small island full of historical gems and stunning Mediterranean scenery. The island is very popular place especially for couples. You’ll definitely find and love the endless romantic activities here.
Is Malta safe?
Malta retains its coveted title as the safest country in Europe for the second time. According to the 2019 Global Wealth Migration Review, published by the New World Health, Malta ranked second globally and first in Europe.
The best time to visit Malta is in the off-season months of May, September, and October, when the temperatures are warm and crowds are low.
Typical Costs in Malta
Malta is cheap. While I went in the middle of winter — without the seasonal increase in prices for accommodation, car rentals, and flights — many friends told me that most prices for food, activities, and public transportation stay the same throughout the year.
Jump straight to:
- Valletta: the best area in Malta for the big sights and cultural attractions.
- Sliema: the best area in Malta for shopping and seafront strolls.
- St Julian’s: the best area for nightlife and hanging with the cool crowd.
- The St Paul’s Bay area: the best area for beach days and exploring Malta’s north.
If you enjoy heritage and history I can assure you that seven days are not nearly enough. In that time you will only just begin to scratch the surface of this little island`s thousands of years of history. You couls spend four or five days just wandering around and exploring Valletta and the Three Cities.
So, here are my 4 favorites!
- Going on a boat trip to Comino Blue Lagoon. Catamaran boat trip to the Blue Lagoon (transport from Malta can be organized after booking) …
- Visiting Gozo by Quad bike or Jeep. VIP full day quad bike tour in Gozo (top!) …
- Diving in Malta and Gozo. …
- Jet-ski-tour around Comino (Blue Lagoon)