With its stunning landscapes and impossibly blue seas, Greece is the perfect destination to plan an exotic honeymoon around. However, with so many options to explore, figuring out the ideal itinerary for your Greece honeymoon can be a challenging task.
Regarding this, which part of Greece is best for couples?
Best Greek Islands for a Couples Holiday
- SANTORINI. This is one of the most romantic destinations in the world, and an ideal place for an unforgettable holiday. …
- CRETE. The largest of all the Greek islands, Crete is one of the best Greek islands for a couples holiday. …
- RHODES. …
- CORFU. …
- ZAKYNTHOS (ZANTE)
In this regard, which Greek island is the most romantic?
How do you plan a Greek honeymoon?
Table of Contents
- Spend at least a couple of days in Athens.
- Visit at least two different islands.
- Eat traditional Greek dishes and street food.
- Design the perfect honeymoon to Greece with the help of travel experts.
- Take tours and get involved in fun activities.
- Berware of the best time to visit Greece.
Greece is actually pretty cheap. Greek food, glasses of wine, hostel dorms, and public buses aren’t super expensive and you can find some really nice accommodation for between 30-40 EUR a night. There’s a lot of ways to save money in Greece without sacrificing comfort.
Santorini is more romantic and much better suited to a honeymoon or couples vacation. Mykonos has gorgeous beaches with golden sand and turquoise water. Santorini beaches do not have typical white or golden sand. Instead, they are made of black or red volcanic rocks, pebbles, and sand.
Corfu is one of the most cosmopolitan Greek islands, famous for its vivid nightlife. Corfu Town suggests many places to start your evening, like the traditional taverns with amazing local dishes, especially in the Old Town.
Paros is the cutest little island in Greece, and one of the most popular ones of the Cyclades. It’s at the heart of the Aegean Sea, and perfect for romantic Greek Island getaway for couples.
In these more traditional settings, it is usually the groom or the groom’s parents who pay for the honeymoon. The bride’s family usually handles the wedding costs, and the groom or his family would handle the honeymoon.
Every couple likes to spend their honeymoon by indulging in romantic things like a dinner date, exploring quaint places, club-hopping, and adventurous activities. You can include all the things that you like to do in your itinerary to make your honeymoon a special one.