Summary of Use during Lactation
Ondansetron is frequently used for nausea during and after cesarean section, usually in doses of 4 to 8 mg intravenously. [1-4] Use during and after cesarean section appears to not affect the onset of breastfeeding.
Also know, what can I take for nausea while breastfeeding?
Some women experience nausea while breastfeeding.
- drinking ginger or peppermint tea.
- taking vitamin B6 supplements.
- wearing antinausea or seasickness bands on the wrists.
- drinking plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- eating frequent, nutritious meals to avoid low blood sugar.
Hereof, is Zofran a Category B?
The FDA has classified Zofran as a “Pregnancy Category B” drug, meaning that it has not been the subject of any well-controlled studies to determine the effects Zofran may have during pregnancy. However, the FDA has approved “Pregnancy Category A” drug called Diclegis to safely treat morning sickness in pregnant women.