(Entry 1 of 2) transitive verb. 1 : to offer (something, such as one’s life or word) as backing to a cause or aim : to expose to risk for the attainment or support of some end engaged his all in the king’s cause. 2a obsolete : to entangle or entrap in or as if in a snare or bog.
Herein, what is another word for Engage?
What is another word for engage?
- His laugh was sudden and short, engaging the dimple. …
- Now, instead of just intellectually engaging with the news, we feel the government brutality, we experience the war, we are electrified by the demonstrations, and we are horrified at the suffering.
Likewise, people ask, what does it mean to engage others?
Being engaging is about getting and keeping people’s attention. It’s about giving them something memorable and helping them be their best. Here’s how to engage with people better than ever before.
What is the best way to engage employees?
How to Engage Employees
- Get to know them. Sounds simple, and it is! …
- Provide them with the tools for success. …
- Let them know how the company is doing. …
- Allow them to grow. …
- Support them and the authority you’ve granted. …
- Recognize your team and their hard work. …
- Encourage teamwork among employees. …
- Find employees that care about the customer.
How do you engage students?
20 Student Engagement Strategies for a Captivating Classroom
- Connect learning to the real world. …
- Engage with your students’ interests. …
- Fill “dead time” …
- Use group work and collaboration. …
- Encourage students to present and share work regularly. …
- Give your students a say. …
- Get your students moving. …
- Read the room.
What’s the opposite of engaged?
What is the opposite of engaged?
|unemployed||having a break|
|not busy||not engaged|
What is another word for engaging conversation?
What is another word for engage in conversation?
|join in conversation||be in contact|
What does it mean to engage in conversation?
If you engage someone in conversation, you have a conversation with them. They tried to engage him in conversation. Synonyms: occupy, involve, draw, busy More Synonyms of engage.
What is an engaging personality?
What is an Engaging Personality? Here is my definition: Someone has an engaging personality when they: – have something interesting to say which holds other people’s attention. – appear sincere with a genuine curiosity, interest, warmth, understanding in, and empathy with, the people with whom they are interacting.
What is an engaging conversation?
This can include your surroundings, inner dialog, or thinking about what you’re going to say after the person is finished talking. Being engaged in conversation requires being intentional about staying focused on the person and conversation. Practice concentrating and having an intense focus during your conversations.