Best Personal Loans of May 2021
- SoFi: Best for good to excellent credit.
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs: Best for bank loans.
- Upgrade: Best for fair credit.
- Upstart: Best for short credit history.
- Avant: Best for bad credit.
- Payoff: Best for credit card consolidation.
- Discover: Best for debt consolidation.
- Rocket Loans: Best for fast funding.
Secondly, what bank is easiest to get a personal loan from?
The easiest banks to get a personal loan from are USAA and Wells Fargo. USAA does not disclose a minimum credit score requirement, but their website indicates that they consider people with scores below the fair credit range (below 640). So even people with bad credit may be able to qualify.
Likewise, do personal loans hurt credit?
There’s no mystery to it: A personal loan affects your credit score much like any other form of credit. Make on-time payments and build your credit. Any late payments can significantly damage your score if they’re reported to the credit bureaus.
What is a good APR for a loan?
A good APR on a personal loan ranges between 3.99% and 11%. The lowest APR on a personal loan is around 3.99%. And the average APR for a personal loan is around 11%, according to the Federal Reserve. You’ll likely only be able to get rates close to 3.99% if you have excellent credit.
You’ll generally need good to excellent credit to qualify for a $20,000 loan — though there are some lenders willing to work with borrowers who have bad credit.
Personal loans are an attractive option if you need quick cash; with many lenders, especially those that operate online, funds can be made available in a matter of days. Interest rates can also be low, particularly if you have good credit, making personal loans a good way to consolidate and pay off credit card debt.
9 Ways to Improve Your Chances of Getting a Low Personal Loan Interest Rate
- Shop around.
- Get a co-signer.
- Sign up for an autopay discount.
- Avoid fees.
- Use collateral.
- Work with a credit union.
- Choose a shorter repayment period.
- Improve your credit score.