Foods to eat
- meat: red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken, and turkey.
- fatty fish: salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel.
- eggs: pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
- butter and cream: grass-fed butter and heavy cream.
- cheese: unprocessed cheeses like cheddar, goat, cream, blue, or mozzarella.
Also know, what can’t you eat on keto PDF?
Top Food and Drinks to Avoid on Keto
- All grains, pastas, and breads.
- Beans, lentils, and other legumes.
- Most fresh and dried fruits.
- Juice and soda.
Also to know is, what should I eat first on keto diet?
The keto diet deliberately reduces carbohydrate intake to encourage the body to burn fat instead. What do you eat during the first week of Keto? Meat, vegetables, cheese, nuts, and other dairy products are a great way to get started. Limit fruits to 2x day.
Is peanut butter keto?
Peanut butter is moderately low in carbs, containing 7 grams of total carbs and 5 grams of net carbs per 2-tablespoon (32-gram) serving. You can enjoy it on the keto diet as long as you keep your intake in check and plan out your other food choices.
Bananas. Even though they’re loaded with nutrients and are surprisingly good for your hair and skin, bananas are basically off the table when you’re eating keto. Why? They’ve got a whopping 31 grams of carbs per banana.
No, potatoes are not keto friendly. Although they contain no gluten, they still have a high amount of starch and carbs in a serving.
Back to the snack in question: The answer is yes, you can eat popcorn on a keto diet — but there are a few things to keep in mind. Once you figure out how many daily carbs your body can take in to remain in ketosis, you can divvy up your allotment however you like, but popcorn can easily fit in a ketogenic eating plan.
Carrots can be eaten on keto, but it may be difficult to include them regularly or in large quantities, as they contain a fair amount of carbs. Some less starchy alternatives to enjoy raw or cooked include celery, broccoli, and cauliflower.
Food and drinks allowed on a no-carb diet include meat, fish, eggs, cheese, butter, oils, water, and plain coffee or tea. If you’re less stringent, you can also eat nuts, seeds, non-starchy vegetables, and high-fat fruits like avocado and coconut since these foods are low in net carbs.
9 Nutritious Keto-Friendly Fruits
- Avocados. Though avocados are often referred to and used as a vegetable, they’re biologically considered a fruit. …
- Watermelon. Watermelon is a flavorful and hydrating fruit that’s easy to add to a ketogenic diet. …
- Strawberries. …
- Lemons. …
- Tomatoes. …
- Raspberries. …
- Peaches. …
With zero carbs, chicken is keto-approved. Opt for dark meat for more fat and iron. For example, one roasted chicken thigh with the skin on has 10 grams of fat, according to the USDA.