Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is a government offered investment cum savings scheme targeted at the parents of a girl child. The main objective of the SSY scheme is to encourage parents to invest in a long-term plan for their daughters’ higher education and marriage.
Also question is, what is the best investment account for a child?
A Roth IRA in particular is ideal for children: The contributions your child makes to the account will grow tax-free. Those contributions can be pulled out at any time, and the investment growth can be tapped for retirement, but also for a first-home purchase and education.
Similarly, what is the best investment for a child’s education?
Ans: Considering the investment horizon of a long term (minimum 5 years) for your child’s higher education, it is advised that you invest in large cap equity funds. Axis Bluechip Fund, Parag Parikh Long Term Equity Fund are a few of the given category that you may consider investing in.
Which policy is best for child?
10 Best Child Insurance Policies
- LIC Jeevan Ankur.
- HDFC Life YoungStar Udaan.
- Reliance Nippon Life Child Plan.
- Aviva Young Scholar Advantage.
- Birla Sun Life Insurance Child Plans.
- SBI Life – Smart Champ Insurance Plan.
- Exide Life Mera Aashirvad.
- Future Generali Assured Education Plan.
Best Long Term Investments
- Stocks. In a lot of ways, stocks are the primary long-term investment. …
- Long-term Bonds – Sometimes! Long-term bonds are interest-bearing securities with terms greater than 10 years. …
- Mutual Funds. …
- ETFs. …
- Real Estate. …
- Tax Sheltered Retirement Plans. …
- Robo-Advisors. …
Overview of the best investment accounts for young investors
|TD Ameritrade||Advanced trading tools and research|
|Public||Building financial literacy with friends|
6 ideal investments for beginners
- 401(k) or employer retirement plan.
- A robo-advisor.
- Target-date mutual fund.
- Index funds.
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- Investment apps.
The following schemes are available for a boy child:
- National Saving Certificate (NSC).
- Post Office Recurring Deposit.
- Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP).
- Public Provident Fund (PPF).
- Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS).
- Ponmagan Podhuvaippu Nidhi Scheme.
The child education planning calculator will calculate the future cost of education as: PV = 8 lakh R = Inflation rate of 6% N = Child’s age at the time of college education – present age of the child = (18-3) = 15 years. FV = 8,00,000 (1+0.06)^15 = Rs 19,17,247.