Additionally, how do I fix my Rubio monocoat?
- Sand the repair area as needed to remove damage and expose raw wood.
- Dampen the area with water. Allow to completely dry.
- Apply with a cotton cloth, the same color oil that was used originally to coat the floor.
- Let it react for 10 minutes. Wipe the excess oil off with a cloth, dampened with Monocoat Oil.
Also question is, how do you use Rubio monocoat?
How do you apply Rubio monocoat fumed?
Directions for Manual Application
- Sand the planks until the desired effect has reached.
- Remove any dust.
- Apply RMC Fumed regularly using a roller or a brush. …
- Let the surface dry completely (12 to 48 hours)
- Sand the surface lightly with a polisher equipped with a beige pad.
- Remove any dust again.
For a piece of wood that is not high use this is a great product for ease of application and finished product. But anything that will see any real use it’s just not durable enough. However I will say if repairs easily with more oil and a bit of sanding.
Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is a wood protector that colors and protects in only 1 single layer! It protects wood from water, heat and the daily wear & tear.
So, Does Rubio Monocoat Really Last a Long Time? When you take all of this into consideration, you can see that Rubio Monocoat actually holds up to regular wear and tear very well, provided it is properly maintained. It isn’t a miracle product that you can apply and forget.
More research indicates poly can be applied over the Rubio in theory but their site isn’t overly positive about doing it.
Sanding should be done according to the NWFA guidelines. Proper sanding is critical for a professional end result. The surface needs to be evenly sanded, especially when applying colors. We recommend a final 120 grit abrasive.
Rubio Monocoat oils are easy to maintain. Maintenance following our recommendations does not require sanding and, of course, maintains the surface so it will not need to be completely re-sanded and refinished. … From time to time, it needs to be reoiled (nourished) with a leather conditioning oil.