Medical studies have proven that if a person reduces their calorie intake by 500-1000 calories per day, they are likely to lose 1-2 pounds of weight per week (3). For most women, this comes down to an intake of 1200-1500 calories per day and for men, 1500-1800 calories per day to promote weight loss at a healthy pace.
Besides, what is a good meal plan for a 1500 calorie diet?
Your 3-Day Heart-Healthy Meal Plan: 1,500 Calories
- Day 1. Breakfast: 2 large eggs, 2 slices whole grain bread, peanut butter. …
- Day 2. Breakfast: ½ cup oatmeal, ½ cup blueberries, 1/4 cup walnuts. …
- Day 3. Breakfast: ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese, ½ cup pineapple, 1 hard-boiled egg.
Also, how much weight can you lose in a week on 1500 calories?
The number of calories that you need to eat in a day is not just dependent on your diet but also on the level of your physical activity. Experts believe that 1500–calorie diet, which is 500 calories less than 2000-calorie diet, is enough to shed 0.45 kgs in a week.
What happens if you eat only 500 calories a day?
The greatest dangers associated with a 500–calorie diet relate to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can lead to many health problems. In fact, most people cannot meet their vitamin and mineral requirements if they eat less than 1200 calories per day.
A 1,200–calorie diet is much too low for most people and can result in negative side effects like dizziness, extreme hunger, nausea, micronutrient deficiencies, fatigue, headaches, and gallstones ( 23 ). Furthermore, a 1,200–calorie diet can set you up for failure if long-term weight loss is your goal.
Foods to eat on a 1,500–calorie diet
- Non-starchy vegetables: Kale, arugula, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, etc.
- Fruits: Berries, apples, pears, citrus fruits, melon, grapes, bananas, etc.
- Starchy vegetables: Potatoes, peas, sweet potatoes, plantains, butternut squash, etc.
‘Whole fruits and fibre, fresh vegetables and foods rich in vitamins and minerals are perfect for achieving the 1500 a day calorie diet. These should leave you feeling satisfied, and you will soon notice the change in your wellbeing too. ‘
Day 7: Vegetable and Fruit Juice
- Breakfast: A large bowl of watermelon.
- Lunch: Brown rice, cottage cheese and a glass of fruit juice.
- Evening Snack: Nothing.
- Dinner: Brown rice with mixed vegetables of your choice and one or two glasses of fruit juice.
- Bed-time snacks: Nothing.
8 tips to lose the last 5kg, quickly and naturally
- You’ll lose the last few kilos faster if you know what you’re eating (and drinking!) …
- Reduce your snacking. …
- Eat foods that help control your weight-gaining hormones. …
- Limit your treat meals. …
- Increase the intensity of your workouts and… …
- Improve your gut health.
How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Month: 14 Simple Steps
- Do More Cardio. Share on Pinterest. …
- Cut Back on Refined Carbs. Cutting down on carbs is another simple way to improve the quality of your diet and further weight loss. …
- Start Counting Calories. …
- Choose Better Beverages. …
- Eat More Slowly. …
- Add Fiber to Your Diet. …
- Eat a High-Protein Breakfast. …
- Get Enough Sleep Every Night.
One order of chicken biryani, lamb vindaloo, or dal makhani usually is enough for two meals. Share or save some for another night. That instantly cuts your fat and calories by half.
Burn 500 Calories Working Out At-Home (30-Min Workouts)
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Climbing stairs.
- Bodyweight workouts.
If you are a person who usually consumes 2100 calories and above in a day, consuming 1600 calories which is a 500 calorie deficit from your normal intake will promote weight loss (5).
To sum up, a 1400 calorie diet is a viable option if you’re an adult woman wishing to steadily lose some pounds. You can safely stick to this number of calories as long as you want, provided that your menu is balanced and contains no harmful foods.