For example, according to United States Dietary Guidelines , adult females aged 19–50 years who are moderately active need around 2,000–2,200 calories per day. Meanwhile, moderately active adult males aged 19–50 years require around 2,400–2,800 calories per day.
Also question is, what can I eat to maintain 2000 calories a day?
Sample meal plan
- Breakfast: vegetable omelet.
- Snack: apple with peanut butter.
- Lunch: Mediterranean tuna pita pockets.
- Snack: cheese and grapes.
- Dinner: salmon with veggies and wild rice.
- Breakfast: nut butter and banana toast.
- Snack: power smoothie.
- Lunch: avocado-tuna salad.
Secondly, what can I eat for 2400 calories a day?
- 3 ounces meat or protein, like 3 ounces lean roast beef or 3/4 cup tuna (canned in water)
- 2 breads or starches, like 2 slices whole wheat bread.
- 1 vegetable, like 2 lettuce leaves with 2 slices tomato.
- 1 fat, like 1 tsp mayonnaise or 1 Tbsp salad dressing.
Is 1200 calories a day enough?
Most people need significantly more than 1,200 calories a day. Therefore, individuals who cut their daily intake to 1,200 calories can expect to lose some weight. This can be beneficial for people who are overweight or obese.
To achieve good results, you need to eat 1700 calories a day of healthy food and stick to the proper balance of carbs, proteins, and fats. However, do not count on rapid weight loss. The thing is, this diet works in the long term. So, you can expect a slow, gradual weight loss of a half a pound to 2 pounds per week.
Depending on several factors, including your activity level and body size, a 3,000–calorie diet may help you maintain or gain weight. Whole, unprocessed or minimally processed foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, and lean proteins should make up the majority — if not all — of your diet.
If you’re typically consuming an average of 2,000 calories per day, which is what most mildly active twenty-somethings should consume daily to maintain their current weight, you would have to eat 3,500 additional calories that day to gain just one pound of fat.
When trying to lose weight, a general rule of thumb is to reduce your calorie intake to 500 fewer calories than your body needs to maintain your current weight. This will help you lose about 1 pound (0.45 kg) of body weight per week.
Here are some healthy ways to gain weight when you’re underweight:
- Eat more frequently. When you’re underweight, you may feel full faster. …
- Choose nutrient-rich foods. …
- Try smoothies and shakes. …
- Watch when you drink. …
- Make every bite count. …
- Top it off. …
- Have an occasional treat. …
To create a meal plan for a 5000 calorie diet, you need to follow this macros distribution: 15-20% protein, 20-25% fats, and 60-65% carbohydrates. Always opt for fresh and whole food when it is available. Stay away from processed food with little nutritious value as it will not help you reach your muscle gain goal.
Weight Gain 7 Day Meal Plan
- For easy access jump to:
- Peanut Butter on Wholegrain Toast: Toasted wholegrain bread+ 2 tbsp peanut butter. …
- Chicken and Pasta Salad: Cooked chicken + pasta + 1 cup leafy green vegetables (eg. …
- Lamb Chops and Vegetables: Lamb chop, trimmed & shallow fried in olive oil.
What should you have on a 2500 calorie diet
- Fruits such as apples, bananas, mango, pineapple or kiwi fruit (5)
- Vegetables such as broccoli, kale and other leafy greens.
- Low-fat and fat-free milk and yogurts.
- Meats such as salmon, lean beef and chicken breast and eggs (9)
- Complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbs.
If after 2 weeks you’re not losing any weight, then decrease your calorie levels by 10%. So if you were consuming 2400 calories daily, lower that number to 2160. The goal is to lose 1-2 pounds per week.
Calorie needs for adult women range from 1,600 to 2,400 per day. For men, the estimates range from 2,000 to 3,000 per day. Aim for the low end of the range if you are mostly sedentary (little to no activity). If you are more than moderately active, the high end of the range is more reflective of your needs.